Professor John Naughton
|Name:||Professor John Naughton|
|E-mail:|| (only provided to users who are logged into talks.cam)|
|Last login:||Tue Jan 10 12:38:22 +0000 2017|
Public lists managed by Professor John Naughton
Talks given by Professor John Naughton
Obviously this only lists talks that are listed through talks.cam. Furthermore, this facility only works if the speaker's e-mail was specified in a talk. Most talks have not done this.
Talks organised by Professor John Naughton
This list is based on what was entered into the 'organiser' field in a talk. It may not mean that Professor John Naughton actually organised the talk, they may have been responsible only for entering the talk into the talks.cam system.
- The Investigatory Powers Act 2016 (aka 'The Snooper's Charter')
- Thomas Rid: "2084: Cryptography, Magic, and Politics"
- Post-truth politics and the US Presidential Election: implications for journalism and society
- Bruno Latour: "A Procedure to Reset Modernity: the Limits of a Method"
- Julia Hornle and Findlay Stark: Internet Jurisdiction, Extraterritoriality and Law Enforcement: Unclaimed Territories in the Cloud - where are the Limits to Internet Jurisdiction?
- "Social media and political turbulence"
- Why Privacy? A day-long interdisciplinary workshop at CRASSH
- Overseeing the secret state: a symposium on the draft Investigatory Powers Bill
- Symposium: "Technological displacement of middle-class employment: political and social implications"
- Prevention is Better than Cure: closing lecture by the Vice Chancellor
- "Payment is applause: markets and business models past, present and future"
- “Bats and rats and emerging infectious diseases”
- "The end of Safe Harbour: Implications of the Schrems Judgment"
- Digital Capitalism: Stagnation and Contention?
- Cambridge in the Fifties and Sixties: an extended conversation
- "History since the Sixties: from social science to the global turn"
- Book Launch: Operation Idris: Inside the British Administration of Cyrenaica and Libya, 1942-52 by Richard Synge
- "Corporate power in a digital world"
- " 50 years of Computing - A Cambridge Perspective"
- The Judge and the General: A film screening and Q&A with Chilean producer Patricio Lanfranco
- "Winning the fight against heart disease, a charitable view"
- "Perilous Times: The View From Inside the NSA"
- Technology at Work: The Future of Innovation and Employment
- "Ireland grows up: the debate about how to celebrate the centenary of the 1916 Rising"
- Policing in Britain
- Fashion from street to screen: 50 years of influence on our public appearance
- "But still the days seem the same": Law and Social Change in Britain, 1965-2015
- The Serendipity Engine
- Why Communicate?
- Google, Crowds and Mobs
- What do people really need to know about the Net?
- Changing BBC News: the cultural, managerial and editorial challenges of adapting to a digital environment
- Re-engineering the scholarly journal
- The end of lawyers?
- Death 2.0: What Becomes of Digital Assets after Death?"
- The Social Life of Digital Libraries: the Second Arcadia Lecture
- The Problem of Reading Lists
- Thinking Like a Dandelion: Cory Doctorow on copyright, Creative Commons and creativity
- Scholarly Networking
- Cultural Agoraphobia and The Future of The Library
- Cultural Agoraphobia and the Future of the Library: the first Arcadia Lecture
- A Publisher's perspective on the Future of Academic Publishing in the Digital Era
- Climate change: the tipping point debate
- What the Media are doing to our politics