|Affiliation:||University of Cambridge|
|E-mail:|| (only provided to users who are logged into talks.cam)|
|Last login:||Mon Dec 10 11:57:24 +0000 2012|
Public lists managed by Robert Asher
Talks given by Robert Asher
Obviously this only lists talks that are listed through talks.cam. Furthermore, this facility only works if the speaker's e-mail was specified in a talk. Most talks have not done this.
Talks organised by Robert Asher
This list is based on what was entered into the 'organiser' field in a talk. It may not mean that Robert Asher actually organised the talk, they may have been responsible only for entering the talk into the talks.cam system.
- Opening a window on primate and afrotherian evolution: new early Tertiary mammals from Algeria and Tunisia
- p38 SAPK signaling protects the Drosophila larval hindgut against chronic stress
- Specification of muscle identity in Drosophila
- From genes to shape: notions from the study of the Drosophila tracheal system
- The Allure of the Centipede
- How and why desert ants learn habitual routes
- Evolutionary genetics of mito-nuclear cooperation, fitness and disease in Drosophila
- Neural mechanisms of sky compass orientation in the desert locust (NOTE LATE START 17:00)
- Social cognition: lessons from corvids and children
- Fifty Years of Wild Chimpanzee Tool Use: Where Do We Stand?
- The Cognitive Architecture of a Mini Brain: Lessons from Honeybees
- Taking shape; how Drosophila renal tubules find their way
- Multi-legged running in the real world: how do cockroaches, dogs, and horses handle different surfaces?
- The developmental origins of type 2 diabetes and the metabolic syndrome
- Mycobacterial disease in Drosophila: old signals, new biology
- The evolutionary biomechanics of dinosaur locomotion
- Actin, pseudopods, and chemotaxis - cell biological and computational modelling approaches to cellular navigation
- Does morality need religion? A selectionist approach
- Smart foot sweat: two phasic foot pad secretion prevents slipping
- Comparative analysis of the evolutionary development of brain size in mammals
- Life in rotten places: how O2 and CO2 sensing alter foraging in a worm
- Physics, development, and evolution of avian structural colors
- The Evolution of Creationism
- Conflict and cooperation in social birds
- Phylodynamics of HIV-1 infection and escape from neutralizing antibodies
- Plasticity of sex pheromone detection in male moths: modulation of behaviour and central nervous processing
- Synchronization of the Drosophila circadian clock by daily light and temperature fluctuations
- Ecomorphological diversification and origins of major clades in early mammal evolution
- Studies of wound healing and inflammation in flies
- The Evolution of Human Languages
- Role of the human origin recognition complex ORC in DNA replication
- Integrative and systems approaches to osmoregulation in insects (and people)
- How can lead poisoning of California Condors be prevented?
- Mechanism of microtubule plus-end tracking by EB1 and CLIP-170 elucidated by in vitro reconstitution
- Dendrite development - insights from insects
- Control of microtubule length by depolymerizing kinesins
- Olfactory specialist D. sechellia avoids costly appetitive learning
- Exploring the hair follicle as an unconventional, but highly instructive tool for neuroendocrine research
- CANCELLED due to inclement weather
- The mammalian middle ear: development, evolution and hearing defects
- Some evolutionary and neurophysiological aspects of hearing in bush crickets
- Sex ratios and rarity in birds: an unhappy balance?
- Hominoid ancestral population sizes and human-chimpanzee speciation
- Causes and consequences of avian personality differences
- Macroecology of the oceans
- West Indian mammal extinctions: how much do we know?
- Segregation of cell fate in C. elegans embryos
- Evolution of the central nervous system in animals: a cell type comparative approach
- Diversification of the Toxicofera reptile venom system
- Alien movements across space and time: non-randomness in bird introductions
- Insulin-like peptide signaling in renal tubules of Drosophila is under control of stress-induced release of tachykinin-related peptide
- Evo-Devo and 'Typological Thinking': An Exculpation
- Fossils and phylogeny: a waste of time?
- What comes next in biological microscopy?
- Molecular Architecture of the novel RNA binding protein Rrp47 and its role in Exosome-Mediated RNA Processing and Surveillance
- Title to be confirmed
- Sexual dimorphism, life history, and social structure in early hominin species
- Timing the end of neural proliferation in Drosophila
- Genetic control of tissue growth and form in Drosophila
- Ecosystem decay in Amazonian forest fragments
- Macrophage migration and chemotaxis in Drosophila embryos
- mRNA quality control: How do cells recognize and degrade aberrant mRNAs?
- The Mammoth's Tale: Evolution and Extinction in the Ice Age
- Patterning the fish inner ear: development and evolution
- How do insects generate fast and powerful movements?
- The early evolutionary history of amniote vertebrates: new insights, new fossils.
- 4D-microscopy & some results: fate, migrations, form in C. elegans & some other curious animals
- Heliconius colour patterns: from gene expression to speciation ecology
- Phylogeography reveals South Africa's hidden vertebrate diversity