|E-mail:|| (only provided to users who are logged into talks.cam)|
|Last login:||Wed Mar 29 17:47:32 +0000 2017|
Public lists managed by John Mollon
Talks given by John Mollon
Obviously this only lists talks that are listed through talks.cam. Furthermore, this facility only works if the speaker's e-mail was specified in a talk. Most talks have not done this.
Talks organised by John Mollon
This list is based on what was entered into the 'organiser' field in a talk. It may not mean that John Mollon actually organised the talk, they may have been responsible only for entering the talk into the talks.cam system.
- Explorations in computing motion and their implications for motion processing in monkey and man.
- "The koniocellular visual pathway"
- “How does melanopsin help us to see?“
- "Multimodal 3D perception: From binocular disparity to generic depth processing"
- Neural mechanisms supporting the development of visual perception
- One day meeting on vision and neuroscience
- Attention filters for features
- Wings inform: mechanosensing in insect flight control.
- Perception as a closed-loop convergence process
- “Why are rods more sensitive than cones?”
- Sensory receptor diversity and colour vision range in butterflies and diptera
- Flight, flow and gaze control: Design principles of fly stabilization reflexes
- Natural statistics and human perception of shape and gloss
- Colour perception in synaesthesia
- Eye movements for sampling and calibrating visual information
- Specular surfaces improve colour constancy
- Methods and mechanisms of motion dazzle
- Visual perceptual learning: A new perspective
- Perceptual Organization of Shape
- Material matters: the brain knows the binocular statistics of gloss
- Dynamics of visual perception and collective neural activity
- ‘I can get that song out of your head: Decoding perceptual representations with retinotopic and tonotopic maps.’
- Fading and Filling-in
- Conjoint Measurement for assessing the contributions of different stimulus dimensions within a signal detection framework.
- Evolution of vertebrate photoreception and retinoid cycle: Clues from the eye transcriptome of basal vertebrates
- Color Transformations Across the Life Span: Two Hypotheses about Modulation by Light
- Testing the Bayesian confidence hypothesis
- A binocular contribution to perceived speed of self-motion perception.
- Perception, Plasticity and Prediction: how the brain learns from experience
- Inferring neural tuning from visual aftereffects
- Neuronal mechanisms for perceptual organization
- Functional architectonics of local masking in three dimensions
- Topographic processing of numerosity in the human brain
- The sensitivity of the human eye to the polarisation of light
- Disturbing vision: neural efficiency, haemodynamics and homeostasis
- Individual differences in human perception
- How many cortical weighting functions does your brain use to see?
- Perception of motion blur during eye movement
- Vision for reading
- A new look at gating: selective integration of sensory signals through network dynamics
- The wonder of hue: the non-monotonic contribution of S-cones to blueness
- Perceptual learning: Improving letter recognition and reading speed
- "Probing sensory representations with metameric stimuli"
- "Visual crowding: Basic mechanisms and abnormalities associated with schizophrenia "
- "Genetic correlates of visual biases"
- One-day meeting on visual perception in memory of Professor C. R. Cavonius
- A musical gift for Horace Barlow on his ninetieth birthday
- How do context and attention affect S-cone signals in human V1?
- Which psychophysical colour vision test to use for screening in 3-9 year olds?
- Seeing in the dark: single-photon signals in the retina
- The Problem with Colour
- Drawing in reverse perspective, ancient and modern
- Decision-making computations within prefrontal cortex: so many interesting neuronal signals but how do we make sense of them?
- Visual cortical architecture and subjective perception
- Understanding and optimizing human motor learning
- 'The locus of the neural mechanism underlying the Craik Effect'
- Brief temporal buffering of successive visual inputs
- Conserved principles of movement generation
- 'Arctic reindeer and their adaptation to extreme changes in environmental light'
- Credit Assignment, State Representations, & Time Scales in Motor Learning
- “Dependence of visual evoked potentials on discrimination task difficulty and stimulus presentation time”
- The effect of contextual motion on perceived speed, plaid direction and binocular rivalry
- Experimental tests of the theory that V1 creates a bottom-up visual saliency map for attentional guidance
- Fate determination of retinal neurons: Lineage relationships and the inhibitory master switch Ptf1a
- Colour vision across the life span: perception and brain imaging
- Bird vision and egg mimicry by cuckoos
- Living optical elements in the vertebrate retina
- What reflected light tells the eye about the content of the world
- Statistically optimal inference and learning: from behavior to neural representations
- The neural code and knowledge representation: a bridge too far?
- Perception, action and uncertainty
- What do the Colour-Blind see? -- And if it's more than we thought, how do they do it?
- The Perception of Colour Seen in Context
- Going with the flow: Visually guided flight and navigation in honeybees
- Recent developments in the chemical senses: a tutorial for visual and auditory scientists
- "The Evolution of the Vertebrate Eye"
- A Computational Theory of Visual Attention to Time, Space, and Features
- The influence of expectation on deciding where to look next
- Identifying novel boundaries within cognitive architecture via repetition suppression brain imaging
- Grandmother cells in the human brain?
- The importance of cortical and subcortical visual pathways for attention and eye movements
- Spatial vision in the periphery
- Four decades of spatial frequency channels: a scale-space view of spatial vision
- Modelling motion from 1888 to 2008: How far have we come?
- Tracking, Memory, and Dynamic Icons
- Normalizing colour vision
- The machinery of colour vision