|Affiliation:||University of Cambridge|
|E-mail:|| (only provided to users who are logged into talks.cam)|
|Last login:||Mon Apr 29 18:59:03 +0000 2013|
Public lists managed by John Maclennan
Talks given by John Maclennan
Obviously this only lists talks that are listed through talks.cam. Furthermore, this facility only works if the speaker's e-mail was specified in a talk. Most talks have not done this.
Talks organised by John Maclennan
This list is based on what was entered into the 'organiser' field in a talk. It may not mean that John Maclennan actually organised the talk, they may have been responsible only for entering the talk into the talks.cam system.
- Seismic Tremors and Wagging Magma: Key Precursors of Explosive Volcanism?
- (U-Th)/He dating of secondary Fe- and Mn-oxides in bedrock
- In the footsteps of Professor Lidenbrock: a geochemical journey to the centre of the Earth
- Walking on broken glass: investigating magmatic processes in explosive and effusive rhyolitic eruptions
- The source of siderophile elements in the silicate Earth – clues from the Archean rock record
- The origin of a phylum: soft-bodied fossils and early mollusc evolution
- Stable vanadium isotope fractionation at high temperatures: a proxy for oxygen fugacity?
- Fingerprints of past carbon cycle-climate changes in the Bern3D model
- Orogenesis - CO2 source or sink? Insight from quantification of fossil organic carbon weathering rates in Taiwan
- Life and times in the Cambrian and its stratigraphic constraints on Himalayan geology, tectonics, and uplift history
- Magma chamber processes in ferrobasaltic layered intrusions
- Geological Histories of Earth and Mars
- The eve of biomineralisation
- SCALING LAWS FOR AGGRADATION AND PROGRADATION OF THE STRATIGRAPHIC RECORD
- Title to be confirmed
- Intrusive LIPs: Petrological Interpretation of Deep Crustal Cumulate Bodies beneath Oceanic Hotspot Provinces
- Ocean turbulence, fronts, and the timing of the spring phytoplankton bloom
- The orbital pacing of Palaeogene hyperthermals - can we believe model results?
- NOTE TIME! 1-2pm! Cryptic Neoproterozoic mountain building events around the margin of Rodinia
- Under the geological rug: The fluid dynamics of CO2 sequestration
- Bubbles and Bangs: Volatile Controls on Magma Fragmentation
- The capture of the Tsangpo by the Brahmuputra River and rapid exhumation of the Namche Barwa eastern syntaxis of the Himalaya: testing the erosion-tectonic feedback hypothesis by new provenance methods using rutile and zircon U-Pb in situ dating, and im
- Silicate liquid immiscibility in tholeiitic basalt
- Tracing tephra horizons in the Greenland ice-cores and the potential for integrating disparate proxy records in the North Atlantic region
- Unravelling the complexity of the geometry and nucleation phase of Apennininc extensional systems: the case of the 2009 MW 6.1 L’Aquila normal fault system (Central Italy).
- Zooming into the subduction plate interface: constraints from petrology, geodynamics and modelling
- Strontium in the oceans: Where does it come from and where does it go?
- Relating atmospheric CO2 levels to biogeochemical processes
- Title to be confirmed
- In situ mineral carbonation (and hydration) in peridotite for CO2 capture and storage (and geodynamics)
- Volcanic-Magmatic Interplays on Mid-Ocean Ridge Construction and Petrogenesis
- Ocean Ridge Perspectives on Mantle Heterogeneity
- The microbial biogeochemistry of the sediment/water interface - players, processes, and rates
- Multiple sulfur isotope constraints on S oxidation processes in modern and ancient ecosystems
- Recovery from the end-Permian mass extinction
- Title to be confirmed
- Large scale tectonic framework of SE Asia and the structure and deformation of the lithosphere beneath SE Tibet
- Comparative palaeoecology of mass extinction events
- Climate change and volcanism: The Siberian Traps and Yellowstone volcanic provinces
- Reactive melt migration and the evolution of mid-ocean ridge basalt
- Middle Miocene Expansion of the East Antarctic Ice Sheet Triggered by pCO2 decline
- Pleistocene glacial cycles: interactions amongst ice, volcanism, and atmospheric CO2.
- Rock records: when two are better than one
- Deforming the Earth: Runny Solids in the Deep Mantle
- Melting above the (nominally) anhydrous solidus controls the location of volcanic arcs
- The motion and rheology of the Indian plate, and their effects upon Tibetan tectonics
- Tracking the solidification of a basaltic crystal mush
- Excursions and paleointensity: Integration of magnetic and oxygen isotope stratigraphies
- Challenging the assumptions of functional analysis of fossils: diet, feeding and tooth wear analysis.
- 4.5 Gyr of maturation of the Upper Continental Crust? Evidence from stable isotope ratios.
- Bedrock Rivers
- Cradle of life or barren wasteland? Geochemical constraints on early martian water
- Fractionation effects in turbidity currents
- High 3He/4He in proto-Iceland plume basalts: implications for the deep Earth
- Morphologic and Geochemical Evolution of the Submarine Kermadec – Tonga Arc
- Up the down escalator: Formation and exhumation of (ultra) high pressure rocks
- Constraints on mantle geochemistry and planetary differentiation derived from Fe isotopes
- Accretion of the Earth and formation of the core
- The solidification of gabbros
- Marginal stability of explosive volcanic columns
- Characterising geomorphic responses to tectonic perturbation: Insights and implications.
- Explosive volcanism: a materials catastrophe
- Heavy Stable Isotopes in Marine Geochemistry - Insights from Cadmium
- Catastrophic megafloods in the English Channel explain how Britain became an island
- Molten Earth: Magma in the Deep Mantle