Create Your Own Talks.Cam Account
You can browse the content of talks.cam without opening a talks.cam account, but if you open an account, you will obtain the following benefits:
- You can build up a personal list of seminar series that you are interested in. Talks.cam will then provide you with a personal webpage listing upcoming talks in those series.
- Talks.cam can also send the content of your personal list to other webpages of your choosing – for example your personal home-page, so that you can easily see a diary of talks you are interested in.
- Talks.cam will, if you wish, send you daily or weekly emails reminding you about talks you are interested in.
- Talks.cam provides automated calendar updates for users of “vcal”.
- We recommend that everyone with a University of Cambridge affiliation should use “Raven” to log in to talks.cam.
- If you do not have your Raven password handy, you can create a non-Raven account by giving your email address. Please, if you do this, give an email address of the form (CRSID)@hermes.cam.ac.uk or (CRSID)@cam.ac.uk (eg djcm1@cam), if you have such an address. This will make it easier for you to access the Raven features if in the future you start using Raven. Once your account is set up, you can choose to have your talks.cam email sent to another email address.
- If you do not have a Cambridge computer identifier (like djcm1@cam) then please create an account using your preferred email address.
Your personal information (name, email address, institution) is visible to other logged-in talks.cam users.
Back to talks.cam documentation